Looking to start learning Programming with coding ninjas?
But not sure whether to join the course or not, will it be worth the investment, will the course be really worth the money, will I get placements, how will my doubts get cleared? And the list of many other why and how doubts go on before joining the course.
Worry Not, We all have been through this phase before purchasing a course from coding ninjas. So, In this blog: We will discuss every how's & why's you should know about coding ninjas courses.
Table of Contents
Why am I writing the review?
Students need to know the experiences of their seniors, what they feel about the course, has the course is beneficial for them? So that they can be confident before taking the course and be assured that they are investing in a good place.
Therefore, I am writing this review to share with you my personal experience with coding ninjas. The difficulties I faced during learning programming and how coding ninjas helped me in overcoming them. So, That you can decide properly “Is coding ninjas are worth your time and money or not”, And “Whether you should go for coding ninjas courses or not?”
Which courses I did from coding ninjas?
- I started doing courses from coding ninjas when I was at std 11. I started from Data Structures with C++, which was taught by Ankush Sir & Nidhi Mam.
- Then I joined an Internship as a Teaching Assistant on Coding Ninjas. And I was paid 30K for working 4 months, giving 2hr/daily. This way, I got my money back, which I paid for doing DSA Course.
- Later I had my interest in Competitive Programming, so I did CP after doing DSA.
- Then I did Aptitude Preparation Course from coding ninjas, as I felt I was not good at aptitudes, and I need to strengthen it to clear placement tests in future.
- And Finally, Now I am doing Premium Data Science & Machine Learning Course from coding ninjas itself.
Issues with other sources / platforms:
Before learning from coding ninjas, I tried learning programming for free from different sources. But each source has its own problems mentioned below:
- Books: Reading and Understanding Programming is not as easy as said.
You will have Issues with decoding and understand; programming is not a thing to understand with books; you need an instructor who will guide you and rectify your mistake; that's how programming is meant to be learnt.
- Youtube: There are many issues with youtube; some of them are:
- Lots of options to choose from: When you search for programming on youtube, you will get many playlists to follow. And it isn't very clear to decide which channel/playlist to follow.
- No Doubt Support: It starts getting difficult when you get stuck on any problem or have difficulty in understanding any topic. And you can proceed further without solving that doubt.
- No option to write code: On Youtube, you can only watch videos. You can't write or practice code. And without writing, how can you learn programming? Just by watching the video?
- College Lectures: Sorry for the joke, If college lectures were enough, you didn't have been looking for online courses. 😛
Why I did courses from coding ninjas? What did I like in coding ninjas?
So, as you can understand from the above-mentioned difficulties, It got very difficult to learn from free resources. Therefore I decided to switch to the paid course provided by coding ninjas.
And It solved all the difficulties I was facing earlier and made my learning experience so much smoother.
What I liked in coding ninjas were:
- Structured Content: The course is well structured, and further lectures keep on unlocking as you progress.
- Doubt Support: This is the best feature of coding ninjas. Whenever you get stuck or have any doubt, regardless of how silly or small the doubt is, you can always raise doubt and ask for help. And a Teaching Assistant will be there to help you out using chat or audio/video calls if required.
- A lot of problems to practice: Apart from pre-recorded video lectures, They also provide many problems to practice and try out hands writing real code on the same platform. We are provided with assignments to practice after each theory lecture.
- Deadlines: Each lecture comes with a deadline. That keeps you going, and you don't procrastinate the tasks for tomorrow.
- Placement Support: After completing the course, Coding ninjas also provides job opportunities. And also provides an internship for doing a job as a Teaching Assistant and help students with their doubts.
- Experienced Faculties: The teachers are industry experienced, who had earlier worked with companies like Facebook, Amazon etc. Also, the teaching style is excellent and interactive.
So, Is it worth the money?
For me, It was totally worth the money I paid for. It was totally a win-win situation, no regrets about the money I gave as I received many benefits from doing the course.
It totally changed the way I think about online courses, And I liked coding ninjas courses so much that I kept on doing coding ninjas courses, and now I completed all the courses provided by coding ninjas in 4 years.
If you ask my review: I totally love Coding Ninjas, and I highly recommend doing their courses. Haven't I loved their courses? I won't have enrolled on all their courses. These courses are proof of how much I am impressed by coding ninjas courses.
As far as money is concerned, You will get 20-30 times more than this much money after getting placed. But for getting placed in a good company, You must have good skills, which can be learned now by investing some money. Think about this as a long term investment in yourself.
Why are people afraid of getting enrolled in courses?
People fear taking the initial step because they find the course price very high, but they don't realize how much time, energy, and effort they save by taking just a step. They get everything they need to learn programming all in one place.
You can understand the benefit via an example of the difference in car vs bicycle experience.
Suppose you want to travel a distance of 100 km. You have two options either to travel by bicycle or car. With a car, you can cover the distance very much faster than on a bicycle. You will have to put your energy in pending the bicycle, but you have to sit comfortably with AC on inside the car in the car.
Similar is the case when you take a course vs try to learn for free yourself. You will waste a lot of time and energy trying to learn everything yourself without guidance. I am not telling you, you can't learn programming yourself. I am telling you that you can save unnecessary stuff and focus on the main stuff directly. And as a car needs petrol, the course also needs some money to purchase.
What are the things I achieved after doing the course from coding ninjas?
- Internship with coding ninjas: I was able to solve students doubts and debug their codes. And I also earned money from this.
- Improvement in competitive programming: I was able to solve more problems during the contest. Earlier I was only able to solve the first 1 or 2 problems. But after doing the course, I was able to solve 5-6 problems.
- Selection In ZCO: ZCO is similar to ICPC, Where any Indian school student can participate. And I was to crack this contest and proceed to further steps to select the team for International Olympiads In Informatics.
- Set a problem for the CodeChef contest: I got an opportunity to set a problem for a contest held on the CodeChef platform.
- Job Opportunities: I got many job opportunities to which I can apply directly from the coding ninjas' website. Many people doubt where they will really get placements or not. But I have tried it and did get a call for an interview.
How was I able to purchases all the courses? They are very costly.
I totally agree to coding ninjas courses are a bit costly. But they do provide discounts in many forms which students are not aware of. I knew about those ways to get discount and which reduces the course price significantly.
The different types of discount I used were:
- Early Bird Discount: Coding Ninjas Provides discount on all courses starting in future. If you join the course starting next month, You can get a 30% Early Bird Discount.
- Referral Discount: Coding Ninjas provides an option for previous students to refer students to try coding ninjas courses. And students who take courses from their recommendation, Gets a discount of Additional 12%. You can take my referral from this link.
- Coupon Code: Students can also apply coupon codes during payment and save a maximum of 12% using coupon codes. A coupon code for the same is TNMBH. It should be noted that students can either apply coupon code or referral. Both can be used simultanously.
- Scholarship Test: Coding Ninjas occasionally organizes scholarship tests. In which you can grab up to 100% Discount.
So, I used early bird discounts and referral discounts when purchasing my 1st course. And after that, I gave scholarship tests organized by coding ninjas and got discounts of around 60%. Due to this, I was able to buy all the courses from coding ninjas.
What are the different courses provided by coding ninjas?
The courses provided by coding ninjas are:
What is the difference between Premium vs other plans?
Coding Ninjas Provides 4 plans in which courses can be purchased.
- Basic: The basic part only teaches the language part. For example, It will only teach C++ or JAVA or Python, not the Data Structures in the course.
- Standard: This plan assumes you know any one programming language. And teaches you only the Data Structures part.
- Combo/Pro: This plan teaches you both language and data structures. This is made for an absolute beginner who wants to start learning programming from scratch.
- Premium: This plan focuses completely on Interview Preparations. This plan will teach you language and data structure and placements by taking mock interviews, preparing a resume, and practised ing past interview questions.
NOTE: All plan contains same videos and assignments. The plans are made to fulfil the different needs of different students.
If you don't need interview preparation, then go for a pro plan. Else go for the premium plan.
What is the order to do courses sequentially?
Coding Ninjas provides more than 10 courses and 4 different plans from which course can be purchased, making it overwhelming for a beginner to decide how to proceed. So here is the sequence which you can follow:
Learn any one programming with Data Structures And Algorithms. It forms a base for everything you do in future. I will suggest you learn with C++ as it is not too hard, and then in future, you can switch to any other language once you learn C++.
I will strongly suggest learning Web Development as it has more job opportunities and is easy to learn.
Make sure to make projects while doing the course. It will be provided along with the course as assignments.
How coding ninjas is different from other platforms?
- Content: The best thing I liked about coding ninjas was I don’t have to google around for different topics, All the topics are already covered with enough problems to practice, sorted in increasing difficulty order which makes learning so easy.
Teaching Assistants: During the course whenever I have doubt regardless of how silly the doubt it was, I can always raise doubt and get the response within 10 minutes to 1 hour mostly.
- Placement Support: Coding Ninjas provides placement support for the students completing their courses via premium or pro plan.
- Experienced Instructors: The mentors here are from IIT, IIIT, and Stanford Universities
Pros & Cons of coding ninjas review:
What others say about coding ninjas?
Contact Me for more queries:
I tried to cover everything anyone should know before purchasing coding ninjas course. But you might have some other doubts or want to clarify something about the course. Whatever the doubt you can always contact me before purchasing course. You can reach out to me via the contact us page.
So, considering all of the features provided by Coding Ninjas and how simple Coding Ninjas makes our learning experience. Coding Ninjas is a worthwhile investment. I am confident that you will enjoy their course as much as I do.
If you still don't believe us, take a FREE TRIAL of the course and see for yourself!
If you decide to take the course, don't forget to take advantage of the additional 12% discount by clicking on this link.